27 July 2008

The greenhorn's alternate identities

The Jordanians I have met all die laughing when I tell them (and they agree) that I look like the male lead, Muhanid, from the Turkish soap Noor. And apparently it's causing quite a ruckus in Palestine and Saudi Arabia. My friend Rasha told me of several stories in Jordan where a couple has gotten a divorce from idolizing the romanticized lifestyle of the main characters.

The Bedu in Mudawara said I look like Prince Ghazi, and I just might agree with them.


Prince Ghazi on the left, obviously the best dressed in the crowd

Looks like I'm breakin' hearts in the Middle East now, too.

1 comments:

Anonymous,  July 30, 2008 3:01 PM  

Just started to follow your blog. Mark Riddle turned me on to it, and it's fascinating. What an awesome experience! Please keep the posts coming.

The views expressed on this blog are solely those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or positions of any organizations or institutions with which he is otherwise affiliated

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP