15 June 2009

A recap of today's episode of من واشنطن ("From Washington"), as told by an in-studio intern:

  • Rather than do any real work before the show, the newsroom literally shut down to watch the Egypt v. Brazil FIFA Confederation Cup match. It was a riveting contest, especially when Egypt scored two goals back-to-back to tie at 3 all. Alas, لإخوان in the office were disappointed when a last-minute and unanswered penalty kick put Brazil up by a goal.

  • I busted John Mearsheimer, via video feed from Chicago, falling asleep on camera (but not on air) before his segment. And he knew it, too, laughing with the Chicago cameraman when he woke up.

  • I fetched water for the Egyptian human rights activist Saad Eddin Ibrahim. Except I didn't realize who he was until after the segment, otherwise I'd have sucked up big time.

Today's edition featured guests from the Arab-American Anti-Discrimination Committee's annual convention, including the aforementioned Mearsheimer and Ibrahim (whose appearances at the ADC are profiled over at Kabobfest here and here, respectively).



0 comments:

The views expressed on this blog are solely those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or positions of any organizations or institutions with which he is otherwise affiliated

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP