16 June 2009

A collection of quotes from a Palestinian A/V tech from Bethlehem working at the Al Jazeera office:

My view of the whole conflict: just shut up and live. Palestinians and Israelis, we’ve been fighting for fifty years. And for what, for shit.

Yeah, I would support two states. There are a lot of people that would disagree with me, you know, they say we’ve got to take back our land from the river (Jordan) to the sea (Mediterranean). I would be willing to live with Israelis, no problem. I mean, our cultures are so similar. Israelis, they cuss in Arabic, they eat our food – hummus, falafel, whatever – it’s all the same thing.

The conflict just makes the region so weak. I mean, if we could just live together, have two states, the region would be so strong. Like, tourism, if you wanted Arabic culture you could go to the West Bank, go to Bethlehem, if you wanted Western culture you could go to Israel. And then trade, all of it would make the region so strong.

These people, you know, they get like four or five M16s, say they’re a political radical, who are we supposed to listen two? I say just give each leader a sword, let them fight it out over there and then come back and tell us the result. They fight now, but are they thinking about the future? We just want to live normal lives. I come over here, and it’s like a melting pot man, all kinds of different people living together and they’re not fighting. It’s really a great system, a great political system, and people get along. I can send back money to help out whenever some shit happens.

I'll tell you man, being a Palestinian is really hard. Sharon, our like biggest enemy of all people, said himself that being a Palestinian is hard.

0 comments:

The views expressed on this blog are solely those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or positions of any organizations or institutions with which he is otherwise affiliated

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP