The Greenhorn is now a Hill People
The summer plans are in: I'll be a fellow with the National Council on U.S.-Arab Relations Summer Internship Program in Washington DC. I'm looking to ship out the last week of May and return in early August. In addition to working at a foreign policy shop or some sort of MidEast-related organization (though I don't know where yet), NCUSAR arranges lectures, meet-and-greets, embassy visits, etc., with some serious movers and shakers in the academic and political spheres. What went down last summer? We're talkin' Colin Powell, Homeland Security subcommittee meetings on the Hill, Richard Clarke (counterterrorism czar under Clinton and Bush 2), the State Department, Daniel Levy, ARAMCO and ConocoPhillips execs, yada yada yada. So, what does this mean for the Greenhorn? A perfectly good excuse to stock up on new suits, that's what. Oh, and maybe some networking for kicks.
3 comments:
This sounds great. Congrats, man.
Nice going Man! Congrats, and try to maintain perspective in all that "rarified air". Sounds like you could be travelling in some heady circles. Very happy for you.
DC
I can't wait until you're part of a government conspiracy.
Post a Comment