15 September 2009

2 comments:

OurLog September 21, 2009 8:04 AM  

I'm circulating this video around OSU and will probably get beat-up.

...I'm moving to France in the spring. Come visit me.

Anonymous,  October 02, 2009 9:23 AM  

Political opinions aside (is that really possible?), there were people with some signs that seemed over the top. Yeah, when you examine the meaning behind some, you'll find crazies. They are, unfortunately, apart of every group. The thing that I find interesting though is the amount of coverage these few people have gotten. People protest the things that they see as wrong right now (and let's be honest, the changes right now occuring are CRAZY big), and THEY suddenly become the news. Not the issue. People protested the previous admin in some horrific ways that included all the current stuff (Hitler mustache, burning in effigy, throw shoes at, plays and books on the assasination of, etc) and it was either not commented on, or treated as honest protest. The left has always protested. But when a group of people protest against the policies of the left they're considered radicals, unstable, racist, violent or worse. It really is a double standard in not only the media but political discourse itself. Now if someone were to do something illegal, violent or requiring arrest, then they bring it on themselves. They're not part of the majority of those out there protesting policies and issues right now. But I've heard of almost no one being arrested or getting into trouble. Even those with guns at demonstrations are possessing them legally. They're not waving them around. They've got a real beef with the way things are going. I'll be the first to admit, that I carry too when I'm in a large group of people and am concerned slightly for my safety. I've never drawn or shown it, and I always make sure of the legality of it in that location, state, etc.

Bottom line, protest is protest. No one party or group of people should be portrayed one way and the others another. Look at the issue, not the people.
BURDHNTR

The views expressed on this blog are solely those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or positions of any organizations or institutions with which he is otherwise affiliated

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP