Theocracy
from the AP:
Republican vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin...expresses confidence that in spite of disheartening polls, "putting this in God's hands, that the right thing for America will be done at the end of the day on Nov. 4."
...
Dobson asked whether Palin was discouraged by polls showing the GOP ticket behind.
"To me, it motivates us, makes us work that much harder," Palin said. "And it also strengthens my faith, because I'm going to know, at the end of the day, putting this in God's hands, that the right thing for America will be done at the end of the day on Nov. 4. So I'm not discouraged at all."
...
"It is that intercession that is so needed and so greatly appreciated," Palin told Dobson. "And I can feel it too, Dr. Dobson. I can feel the power of prayer, and that strength that is provided through our prayer warriors across this nation."
She continued: "When we hear along the rope lines that people are interceding for us and praying for us, it's our reminder to do the same, to put this all in God's hands, to seek his perfect will for this nation, and to of course seek his wisdom and guidance in putting this nation back on the right track."
So what happens if McCain/Palin lose? Were Gov. Palin and another 1.5 million-ish evangelicals flat-out wrong? Did God screw up? Is Obama actually God's sovereign choice for 'getting this nation back on the right track?'
You know I hate rhetoric like this more than any other issue in the world. This is why I can't stand Oklahoma senators and Focus on the Family and every other agenda-toting Christian who rubber stamps "GOD'S WILL" on every goddam moment or issue to accrue political influence from their morally-superior high chair of epistomological certainty. Infuriating.
But this is just plain histarical. Tip - watch the glare on her glasses in the header picture when the page first loads.
Takes me back to 2004, when a certain middle school principle got on the morning announcements and called for God's / Geoge W. Bush's wills to be done in voting booths across the nation. Thy will was done, and look where it got us.
3 comments:
Hey Chris,
I'm glad to see you are posting on here regularly again. You have always been a fantastic writer. I think I lost my touch in the science department - if I ever could write I don't remember how... but I have a blog anyway (shaynaunaltered.blogspot.com). I'm subbing to yours. Keep in touch more, okay? And good luck on getting the Fulbright!!
Hey Shayna!
I've been boppin' in at Unaltered Thoughts every once in a while...though we could increase that frequency with a few more posts now and again, no?
Thanks for the wishes of luck and kind words. Hope all's well,
Chris
I would suggest looking at the alternative for Senator Obama:
http://prayforbarackobama.com/
Post a Comment