03 September 2008

From Gulf News: Jordan sees rush of young Americans (via Angry Arab)

















This a picture of Liza at Books@Cafe on Rainbow Street in Amman. I spent the Fourth of July here and with Liza, her roommates, and several of their friends at their apartment. I was at Books@ the night this picture was taken, sitting at the table right next to the one in the foreground. I recognize the two girls pictured, in particular because the subtly politco one wearing the chic purple kuffieyeh also sports a "NUKE ISRAEL" shirt.

I will confirm that there are bucketfulls of American students studying Arabic in Jordan, including 60+ from BYU in Amman this summer (three of whom I lived with).

1 comments:

Betsy Murphy September 03, 2008 3:43 PM  

i miss your pretty face and enjoy reading about your adventures in the middle east...i heart the middle east..and you..so call me..and come see me..annndd..we need to trade war stories..
-betsy:)

The views expressed on this blog are solely those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or positions of any organizations or institutions with which he is otherwise affiliated

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP