08 February 2007

You don't get it

Hey...I want you to know that it's OK if you don't get it. I mean really, you don't have to get it, and that's fine. What is it? Don't you have to know what it is to know if you've got it or not? Maybe. But whatever it is, whether you have it or not, that's OK. You should know that. At least that's OK for me. You don't have to get it to be my friend. Maybe if this was high school I'd have been a prick towards you. And I still might be, but pray not just because you don't get it. This also means you don't have to pretend like you get it either. Maybe it's quite plain you don't get it; that's great. But if you ever feel the need to act like you've got it, just stop. I mean, quite seriously, knock it off. You don't get it. I know it, you know it. And that's alright. Really, it is, it's OK if you don't get it. Tell me. Or at least just don't act like you've got it. 'Cause you don't. We've discussed this. Want to know why that's OK? Want to know why that doesn't change a thing between you and I, this not getting it business? I'll tell you -- I don't get it either. Wow, I know. 'But, for so long, you got it...' No, I didn't. Maybe I did, but I don't anymore. I probably pretended to get it a whole lot. I don't always remember. But I don't have it now. Nor do you. Which it great, because maybe we can help each other get it. Maybe we can just sit back and experience one another getting it. You can tell me, 'I don't get it,' and I'll tell you, 'I don't get it,' and off we'll go not getting it together.

Because think with me how great it will be when we do get it.

10 comments:

Shayna February 12, 2007 8:16 PM  

no chris, i REALLY don't get it.

(see my latest post...)

ErinMichelleBeFree February 17, 2007 10:46 AM  

for a few days now, i have been reading the last line of the paragraph as "getting off together" instead of "getting it together." thought you were pretty weird for a while there chris.

Anonymous,  February 17, 2007 1:55 PM  

it will be nice to get it together... oh the conversations over IHOP or Savoy.

Anonymous,  February 18, 2007 5:58 PM  

I don't get it and am ok with that

colby

Ben Rector February 21, 2007 11:09 PM  

no wait...i don't. ya. i don't get it.

Anonymous,  March 28, 2007 12:40 PM  

update!

Unknown April 03, 2007 12:36 AM  

Hey. I randomly landed on your blog and read this. I love it. Did you write it? If not, who did? I am very curious. It might be one of my favorite things.
- James Crotchett, (from NLR)
e: look@jamesalan.net

Chris April 03, 2007 11:49 PM  

James, I did, feel free to use it however you see fit, if you would so desire. Thanks for the positive words.

Chris

The views expressed on this blog are solely those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or positions of any organizations or institutions with which he is otherwise affiliated

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP